Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not exactly lolita-themed but...

The Mori Girl (literally Forest Girl) look seems to be gaining a lot of popularity lately and I personally do like this fashion a lot as well. Maybe it's the emphasis on a loose and flowy garment fit with earthy, natural colours (markedly different from the stricter structure of the desired lolita form), a necessary dictate of this fashion, that I especially like.

And the concept and idea behind the mori girl movement is mostly to appreciate and savour a slower pace of life, enjoying a quiet solitude, living life at one's own pace, reading, taking introspective walks in a forest...well, as someone who works from 8.30am - 6.00pm, 5 days a week, deskbound, I naturally find this proposed lifestyle choice quite seductive, hurhur.

There's a small emergence of a blending between mori and lolita fashions as well. h. Naoto Gramm for example! I find this offshoot of h.Naoto to be rather a mixture of mori, gothic lolita and Miss Havisham's secret wardrobe.

Incidentally, I dabble in photography...although dabbling is a misnomer. Basically, I have a Canon DSLR, a half-way decent lens and I like taking portrait photos and...that's it! So now and then, I drag an unsuspecting friend and get her to model for me. I have done a few lolita-centric shoots and I plan to do more but for last Saturday, I had an itch to do a mori girl themed photoshoot with Alanna of Macaron Hearts.

We shot at an old railway way-station that was built in 1903 and would be shut down permanently this year. It's a rather ramshackle old place with its own quaint charm, something you don't see here much anymore, in rather determinedly modern Singapore.






The rest of the photos can be found on my flickr album if interested.

Mori or loli? Or Mori Loli? I think it's great though, when folks can blend two fashion styles of their liking together successfully. For me, I like and enjoy these two as separate fashions ^_^

5 comments:

  1. those photos came out BEAUTIFUL o:
    nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. larissa> Thanks for the compliment! =D So glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love mori too, myself.

    I really enjoy your photography too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winsome> Thank you! I'm really liking the mori fashion myself too. There's something very comfortable about it, lol~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there Shu! :3

    Gorgeous photos! *__* May I know where they were shot? As in, the exact railway station!

    ReplyDelete