Saturday, January 1, 2011

Coordi shot and a little epousing on babydoll dresses

Happy New Year!!

There's a conundrum that we plus-sized girls and boobie-chans face in the lolita world. Many of us have problems fitting into most of the brands' regular sizes. Honestly, if there isn't shirring somewhere on a lolita dress, chances are I won't be able to wear it at all.

Herein lies the conundrum - while shirring allows a greater chance for plus-sized girls to fit into brand, but it also potentially means stretching the shirring to a point where it will sit uncomfortably on one's body and just doesn't look good.

Normally, I try to avoid dresses with full shirring and this especially goes for babydoll dresses. Many a times, I have worn a babydoll dress and have had people standing up on a crowded train to offer me their seats.........well, at least chivalry isn't dead!

But when I saw Meta's Swan Chandelier jsk in green up on mbok and despite the full shirring AND babydoll style, I knew I had to get it.


The jsk is even more gorgeous in real life with gold appliques added onto the print! So despite my reservations, I bought it and finally wore it today to a loli meet with friends.

coordi shot!

Jsk: Meta
Bolero: Meta
Bag: Meta
Socks: Innocent World
Boots: Commode

To counter the full shirring on top, I wore a bolero over which I thought did help much. I decided not to wear a petti underneath as well, as poofing out the skirt would inevitably make me look  6 months pregnant, unfortunately.

And besides those reasons, I also wanted to tone down the outfit to make it look less sweet and more suited for a loli in her 30s ;) Mature sweet if there's such a thing!

2 comments:

  1. Would you be willing to point me to the other members of Les Lolitas? =) I'm reaching 30 this month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, two of their blogs are under my blog list =) Moar Lace please and Macaron Hearts~ And welcome to the 30s and loli-dom ;)

    ReplyDelete